Looking back on the 2022-2023 school year.

Wyoming High School.

This is my first year here at the WHS as I am a sophomore, coming to the high school was a little scary. From being the oldest in a school to one of the youngest it’s freighting sometimes. This is why I’m a little glad the freshmen followed us here, even though they’re a little annoying from time to time.
My school year consisted of, happinesses, sorrow, and excitement. Many things happened this year. I’ve made unexpected friendships with people I thought I’d never talk to. I’ve had my ups and downs. It’s a little bittersweet to be leaving just cause these students, teachers, and staff members have always been in my consistent routine for each 5 days of the week. Even the people in the bathrooms I’ve had a conversation with every passing time.
As I said before coming here was a little scary, but once I got here I fitted right in. Here at the WHS I can definitely say it’s more welcoming than the Jr High. One of my favorite things about high school is the freedom that we have. At the Jr High we weren’t able to really do nothing and are on constant watch.Which I guess I get considering there are younger grades and less mature students just trying to find their cliques.
This year I didn’t participate in many activities as I would wish to, but there are still many things here for WHS students next year to keep a look out for joining next year. But enough about me lets talk about all what WHS has to offer.
At WHS, we are exposed to a wide range of activities and opportunities. One of the most popular activities is sports here at WHS. There were many different sports people and myself have participated in, including football, basketball, soccer, baseball, and track and field. High school sports for me were a great way to make new friends and build relationships with teammates.
Another popular activity in WHS are clubs. “WHS clubs are a great way for students to explore their interests, learn new skills, and meet people with the same interests,” said sophomore Andrew Trieu. There are a variety of clubs available here, including theater, chess, key, robotics, and student council. Overall, WHS offers a wide range of activities and opportunities for students to explore and grow both academically and socially.
We have a great award ceremony, Alpha Wolf 11. It consists of these three important aspects to do or have at this school. Being kind, compassionate, and gracious are the big three we follow. Being an Alpha Wolf is exemplifying all those.
For the assembly we all gather together as a school and sit with our grade. We have two of them each school year, one 1st semester and one 2nd semester. They give many inspirational speeches and shout out to many people in the school. When it comes down to the people who actually win the award for being an 11 it’s exciting. Even through all the talking and shouting out people they still leave time for fun things. Like the mattress race where you go against a different grade and race to win. Or, when they dropped all the balloons for the graduating seniors.
Overall, Wyoming High School is one of the best. Its fun, caring, and good. Even though some teachers or students may not get along the school is one whole pack, as Mr.Doyale would say. I cant wait to continue the rest of my high school carrere here at WHS.