What Should Seniors Do Before Graduation?

Leaders, compassionate, and kind are just three words teachers are describing this year’s graduating class.
With the help of some teachers at Wyoming High School there are plenty of things left to do before graduation, besides wishing it was over.
Create a plan! If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
“I challenge my Personal Finance seniors to apply to colleges, trade schools, and certificate programs, along with doing their FASFA,” Mr. Veenstra said.
Mr. Veenstra was a student-athlete in high school. “Luckily, I was a good enough baseball player that I was able to get a small scholarship to play,” he said.
Something he didn’t think about was the additional loans that he had to use and the unnecessary classes that he took for his major.
“I wish I would’ve done more research,” he said. “My biggest regret was not listening to teachers/counselors early in the process and not starting sooner.”
Start planning today.
Mr. Kuiper advises students to remember their friends in high school.
“All of my best friends today are the people who knew me best, my friends from high school,” Mr. Kuiper said.
We miss out on our long-time friends when we have the idea that our life resets when we get to college or getting a trade study. The people who know you best are still there.
Seniors are saddled with the pressure to live the set-life standard: You graduate from high school, go to college, fall in love, and live your day-to-day life. DON’T BE AFRAID TO CHANGE YOUR MIND. Take a gap year to do soul-searching if you need to. Remember that going to college and or graduating isn’t a reset button. It allows you to be who you want to be.
Mr. Kuiper feels it is important for students to say the things they want to say to the people they love in their school. “Make amends before you leave it all,” Mr. Kuiper said.
So, to all seniors, there isn’t much time to do some important things before the year ends.