Some Advive for Next Year’s Freshmen

High school. The place of magic in the movies, a place to laugh with friends, and most certainly a place nobody wants to be. The environment is totally different from middle school, the switch for freshmen is one of the toughest things a teenager has to do. The internet is littered with advice for the newcomers, but what advice is better than from a high schooler already?

One thing I can say about coming to high school is always being prepared and I mean always come prepared.

I’m not going to lie, high school is tough. There is a lot of homework, tests, exams, and more standardized tests than you can count. But, the one piece of advice I can say is always do your work. Doing your homework and handing it in on time will make a world of a difference for you. Once high school starts, your grades start to matter more than anything. It’s definitely a habit to get used to and a hard switch, but a necessary one at that because your grade can easily go to an A to E real quick. Many would say grades are probably the number one important thing to focus on in high school. That’s the whole point of it, isn’t it?

Another slice of advice I can give you is that if you don’t understand something please, please, please, for the love of all that’s holy, ask your teacher for help or even a friend because you don’t want to go through the whole semester not understanding what you’re doing. It is going to be very hard for you to do any of your homework or test and even take exams. Your grades are very important once you go to high school. That is all the people look at so make sure that you ask if you need help with your school work, it will definitely help you out a ton.

Last advice I can say for becoming a freshman is to remember to have fun, honestly these high school years are supposed to be fun experiences you are supposed to do sports, after school activities, go to the school dances, and go to all the sports games. You’ll definitely regret not going later down the road. Live it up, highschool is a wild time.