WOOD TV Comes to WHS

WOOD-TV broadcasting from the WHS football field.

Nori Fryling

On September 17th, WOOD TV 8 visited our high school to collect food for our food drive and to show pride. Being the wolves, of course, we had the biggest crowd they’ve seen at any of the schools they’ve been to recently. You had to be up pretty early for it, and the band even earlier.

Starting at 5:30 AM, there were already a ton of people, more students than teachers the whole time! Everyone was cheering, screaming, pointing up foam fingers and cardboard cutouts of some of their reporters. Everyone was respectful to the broadcasters, and full of school spirit. The band played wonderfully, playing the fight song quite a bit and hitting perfect notes.

What’s really important about this event though was how much food we gathered for the food drive. There was already so much before it started and while some people were coming in with literal shopping carts full of food! The station told us that we might have gathered the most food out of every school they’ve visited so far. Even if we didn’t we still definitely made a huge difference in our community with all the donations.

Overall, it was a great pride-filled time. Yeah, getting up early really sucked but showing all of that school spirit on television to the point where some of our throats hurt from cheering so loudly was great! Everyone had a great time, people were laughing and cheering, making jokes and showing how great Wyoming High School really is on and off camera!
On september 17 wood tv 8 visited our highschool, to collect food from our food drive and show pride. Being the wolves of course we had the biggest crowd they’ve seen at any of the school’s they’ve been to recently. You had to be up pretty early for it. The band even early. Starting at 5:30, there were already a ton of people, more students than teachers the whole time! Everyone was cheering, screaming, pointing up foam fingers and cardboard cutouts of some of their reporters. Everyone was respectful to the broadcasters, and full of school spirit. The band played wonderfully, playing the fight song quite a bit and hitting perfect notes.

Overall it was a great pride filled time. Yeah getting up early really sucked but showing all of that school spirit on television to the point where some of our throats hurt from cheering so loudly was great! Everyone had a great time, people were laughing and cheering, making jokes and showing how great Wyo really is on and off camera!