Day in the Life

Day in the Life

A day in a life: Senior Edition

Calling all seniors! Calling all seniors! We are almost done! Only 69 days left and we are free of high school. As our last year, for many students at Wyoming High School, comes to an end, we think about how fast this year flew by, and everything we went through to get to this very moment.
Getting up at 7:30 every day Monday through Friday, for 9 months out of the year is finally coming to an end. Coming to school with all the younger kids, the teachers, the lunch, and the overall school vibe is getting old, really fast. The class of 2021 is ready for graduation day, May 25th.
As the days slowly become less and less, seniors at the high school think about the highlight of their senior year. “I guess the highlight will be me graduating, finally finishing all my classes and just being done, ” said DeAsja McDonald. Being able to say “I’m done” is going to be the highlight of my senior year. But Madison Dewey, another senior at Wyoming High School, begs to differ. “You know if I don’t get corona before this year is over, that will be my biggest achievement,” she said.
The coronavirus gave us so many precautions to follow being in person at school, we didn’t know if we were going to have anything “normal” in our final months of senior year. When the seniors heard of a normal graduation out on the football field we were ecstatic. “Yeah, I’m excited that’s the only thing I’m looking forward to,” DeAsja McDonald explained, “I already have my dress, and makeup appointment set.”
Many students can’t believe that it is actually coming to an end. “I’m actually kind of sad, that I missed out on a lot of things for the typical high school experience like prom, homecoming, and stuff like that,” Madison Dewey states as she begins to rehash the past couple of months here at Wyoming High School. DeAsja McDonald says, “It’s a new chapter in my life starting, so I’m ready for this one to end.”
Class of 2021 is the best class at Wyoming High School. The first class to complete school in a pandemic, what are the odds. This has been one of the craziest years of my life so far, and I can’t wait to see what happens next after this chapter ends. 69 days and counting…