This movie will have you on the edge of your seat…waiting for it to be over.

This movie will have you on the edge of your seat...waiting for it to be over.

Andrae'ya Wells, Contributing Writer

The movie Dangerous Lies was released in April of 2020 by Michael Scott. The movie stars Camila Mendes (also known for her role in The CW’s “Riverdale) in this movie she is playing Katie Franklin, the caregiver of Leonard Wellesley (Elliott Gould), and her husband Adam Kettner (Jamie T. Usher). Dangerous Lies tells the story of a young, married couple struggling to pay their bills, and when they acquire a large sum of money from Katie’s patient, Leonard, things start to get a little weird. 

Some good things in this movie are seeing Camila Mendes (Katie) in a different element. I was so used to seeing her play a rich high school teenager in Riverdale but to see her play a different role and be put in so many different situations, made me see her in a different light. 

Something that should’ve changed in the movie was how I had to wait until the last 20 minutes of the movie to see the action, and why everything was the way it was. There were so many plot holes that I wanted the answer to earlier in the movie that I had to wait until the end to get.

I would rate this movie 3/5 stars because it wasn’t the best movie but if you are looking for a way to waste 90 minutes, Dangerous Lies isn’t a bad movie to do that.