Stop COVID-19 with Your Face Mask

Tara

Tara Black

Do you really wanna get COVID-19? Everyone needs to wear masks when they go into public spaces. This is included at school, it is now protocol to wear your mask at all times during the school day. 

In Michigan, Governor Gretchen Whitmer made an executive order that people need to wear their face masks. This means wearing a face-covering in all public areas inside and outside. The Executive Order states, “Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed executive order 2020-147, which reiterates that individuals are required to wear a face-covering whenever they are in an indoor public space. It also requires the use of face coverings in crowded outdoor spaces.” This was made to protect people from the virus. People are now required to wear it, this means all the schools who decided to go back in person have to wear masks. 

The only time students are allowed to take their masks off is when they are eating. Now, this goes along with the teachers as well. The teachers are not allowed to take off their masks while teaching, walking in the hallway, as well as sitting at their desks. The only time they can take their masks off in school is when they are eating and or their planning period when there are no kids in the classroom. The only students allowed to take their masks off for a short period would be the kids with a doctor’s note. Now with that, Wyoming is providing face shields for students who can not wear a mask due to a medical condition they may have. 

Wyoming Public Schools sent out a public ‘Preparedness and Response Plan’; it is also on the Wyoming Public School page. Something that it said was “Facial coverings must always be worn in hallways and common areas by PreK-12 students in the building except for during meals.” This is what the school said is supposed to happen when kids are attending school. This was also sent out to all students before the school year started.

“CDC recommends that you wear masks in public settings around people who don’t live in your household and when you can’t stay 6 feet away from others. Masks help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others.” 

Click on this link if you want to learn more about how Face masks are beneficial for your health. “https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html”