Bullying is No Joke

Camila Maldonado Pena, Editor-in-Chief

Bullying is no laughing matter, whether someone thinks it’s funny to do something or not, it’s unacceptable. Why do people in high school think it’s okay to do illicit and insignificant things to make someone feel bad. Honestly, I’ve had my fair share of experiences with bullying and at one point I was one. Maybe it was because I had been bullied and wanted people to fear me instead of making fun of me, I don’t honestly know. What I have learned over the years is that the more you say something negative the more side effects it has on the person that you’re saying it to. 

Whether you know me or not, I’m here to tell my story. I wasn’t always a happy, energetic person. Believe it or not, I was bullied when I was younger. The people who are closest to you I’ve learned recently, are usually the worst. I thought the bullying and the feelings of not wanting to go to school would go away, but I was wrong. Even moving states, bullying followed me to high school. 

People say teens are immature and don’t handle things correctly. The only reason for this is because of these pranks and jokes that honestly no one thinks are funny except for the person doing it. 

All I want is to be left alone and get back to my normal routine. Instead, I fear being in the parking lot too long and I walk straight into school. Now every time I go to the office I have to deal with this situation. It’s been almost a week why won’t they just let me be me. The nerves of being in school are starting to get to me. I’ve had enough, just leave me alone. I know they’re trying to help but I never asked for it.