Update on Construction

Back to Article
Back to Article

Update on Construction

The new building is expected to be finished by Fall of 2020.

Construction of the new building is underway. So what changes can we expect to see?

Next year, lunch should be interesting. It will almost look like a high end modern restaurant. Polished concrete floors, high chairs, restaurant booth seats, high ceilings, and more food options. It will be a nice vast and open eating area. It will also expand over the main offices which will be relocated. The courtyard will remain where it is. It will be expanded and have better seating areas for when the weather is nice.
The new high school is going to look different than our current building. It will definitely look like you are in a separate district or building, something new and exciting for us Wolves. There will be no lockers. That goes for both old and new buildings. All lockers will be removed from the current building as well.
“I don’t know very many people who use their locker,” said Mr. Baumbach.
The removal will be a big help for the wider hallways we will have. The new classrooms will be similar in size to the ones we have now. There will be some larger areas were 2-3 classrooms could be put together for collaborative learning. We will for sure get new and better furniture. Some being the experimental ones in classrooms right now. There will be a variety of furniture for different classrooms. A decision hasn’t been clearly made for technology. Projectors could possibly be replaced with Clevertouch Boards.
The new building is going to connect to the current one. It is also going to have A/C, something many are looking forward to. There will be stairs and elevators of course. The elevators will still be only for those who need to use it. There will be 2-3 stairwells that are going to be open and will be able to be seen as part of the actual building layout. Grades 10-12th will have the new building. It will be finished by the fall of 2020. Upperclassmen may still have some classes in the old building. Our current 7th graders will be the first freshman at the high school. Freshman will be transferred over August of 2022. The majority of the freshman teachers at the junior high will also be moved to the high school. There will also be some new ones. In the next few years, Wyoming High School will have upgraded facilities for the students.