Last Alpha Wolf Ceremony of the Year

Back to Article
Back to Article

Last Alpha Wolf Ceremony of the Year

The huge alpha wolf banners displayed in the gym

Maddie Masunas, Contributing Writer

The last Alpha Wolf ceremony is just around the corner! Alpha Wolf voting has already taken place, and soon the new Alpha Wolves will be chosen for each grade.

The voting process was simple. An email was sent to each student and they just fill out the form, which asked for their name, grade, and description of the nominee. The form then asked if students would like to vote for a second Alpha Wolf student and one teacher Alpha Wolf.

The teachers nominate students as well, so the students’ and teachers’ nominations are considered when selecting Alpha Wolf. “We get together in a meeting and we look at who teachers nominated and we look at who students nominated,” says Mr. Cornell. “We have a lot of discussion about the nominees, and the teachers decide based on those discussions” How people described each person is also considered when choosing the Alpha Wolves.

The last Alpha Wolf ceremony of this school year will be held in on May 14th. During the ceremony, narratives are read for each Alpha Wolf and there will be a guest speaker.

Students took the voting seriously. “I went off of their character, how nice of a person they are, the values they have, and what I thought they deserved,” says Taylor Boukma. The person she voted for was kind, compassionate, and gracious.

Nayeli Mercado says, “I voted for who I thought was a good person.”