Mrs. Young is a Rock Star

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mrs. Young is a Rock Star

Mrs. Young and her awesome family.

Mrs. Young and her awesome family.

Mrs. Young and her awesome family.

Mrs. Young and her awesome family.

Nayeli Rodas, Contributing Writer

In Wyoming High School we have great staff and today we had the honor to interview Mrs.Young our Wyoming High School college advisor. Mrs.Young has been in Wyoming working with students and colleges only for 2 years. She was placed in Wyoming by a company that she worked for and at the end of that year she decided to stay for the next one. Many teachers have a plan on teaching for so many years but not her “ I don’t know as long as they will have me”. One thing she would like to say to all students in wyoming is “keep in mind that you deserve anything and that in any room you are deserved to be in.

A little about her school life is she has a Bachelor degree from Central Michigan and she has her Masters degree from Easten Michigan. During the time that she was getting her Bachelor degree it was so hard because she was moving schools and then she got married and had two beautiful kids ,so on average it took her six years to get it and her masters was quick, she got it in two years. One of her biggest regrets is herself being her own enemy because she would always talk herself out of many good opportunities she had.

Her family life is always busy from work to her kids. She got married 11 years ago in June to Lee and she had two kids. Her son is eight years old and his name is Shia and her little girl is six years old and her name is Noelle but they call her buggy that is her nickname. She described her family crazy, loving and united all the time “they drive me crazy in the best way possible”. She describes her kids smart and very strong kids. One of her hobbies is reading and her favorite books are “ The Little Prince” it’s a kids book but every time you read it you get a different meaning from it and “ Chalk man” because it stuck to her and she is always reminded of it and she would suggest it to anyone. On her free time she is into Boxing and Moytie and she loves singing and know that she is older she loves getting tattoos. That is our college advisor life.