My dream Destination

Back to Article
Back to Article

My dream Destination

Nicole Torres, Contributing Writer

Spring Break. My dream destination has always been Florida. It has beautiful blue beaches and its mysterious waves. The cool and sanky breeze under the palm trees and just being there makes me feel so happy. What I enjoy most of all is the many theme parks, rides, and the many wonderful memories I have made alongside my family.

Florida is known as the shark capital of the world. That is where the mysterious waves come in. It intrigues me to know why many natives and visitors alike frequent these waters knowing this predator lurks down below and surfaces at any given moment possibly striking and bitting some. There have been many casualties that have even fallen prey to accidental shark attacks. However, since they don’t see and depend mainly on their nose sensors are better known for ampullae of Lorenzini I greatly believe sharks do not go around trying to attack us.

Florida is also known for another predator the alligator. Alligators are known for being in any body of water in Florida. In the past, they were limited to just lakes and amusement parks but recently have even been found in the ocean. Florida has a vast amount of wildlife as well. Probably because it was a swamp before many areas became civilized and populated.

Despite the vast predators mentioned Florida is a great vacation destination. It’s warm for the most part of the year. There are many cool places to visit like Universal Studios & Islands of adventure, Disney World & Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom, the Florida Keys, the Everglades, Miami, and the endless list goes on.

Spring Break is a time to refresh and renew oneself and just a time to have a blast. I can’t wait to go to Florida for spring break and have fun family picnics and outings to the beach, the pool and the theme parks. It’s always fun to see and hear the fireworks in the air and see the happy smiling faces of my neighbors. Everyone seems happier there. Those are the reasons why I want to go to Florida for my spring break.