Things you didn’t know about Ms. Harris

Back to Article
Back to Article

Things you didn’t know about Ms. Harris

Shaniya Jones, Contributing Writer

Born and raised in Grand Rapids Michigan, Ms. Harris grew up with her parents, older brother and younger sister. She graduated from Ottawa Hills High School. Following her parents’ footsteps, Ms. Harris then attended Florida A & M University in Tallahassee where she acquired a bachelor of science degree. She also went to Western Michigan University where she pursued her Masters of Arts degree. Miss Harris also has two associate degrees from GRCC.
Before deciding to become a teacher she wanted to be a civil engineer and then an accountant. She is satisfied with her decision of becoming a teacher and enjoys teaching students the horrors of math. “Well, I get to meet a variety of students that hopefully will hook me up when they become rich!” she exclaimed.
In her free time, Ms.Harris enjoys traveling. She has been to over 10 countries including Portugal, Italy, Germany, Jamaica, Scotland, and Austria. “I travel because I like learning about different cultures, seeing how they live, and learning about some of their histories,” she says.
One thing is for sure, once I become a multi-millionaire I won’t forget about her. After having Ms. Harris sophomore year, I became pretty accustomed to her sarcasm as I’m sure we all have. I am now a senior with a horrible case of senioritis. Through all my dramatic complaints and laziness she has motivated me to always do my best. Teachers like Miss Harris are crucial for student success in high school. Aren’t we glad she decided to be a teacher?