Last Monday’s Game!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Last Monday’s Game!

The Junior Varsity team rushing in a very intense game right before the varsity teams.

Julyssa Barajas - Guiterrez, Contributing Writer

Little kids rush through the hall to see their favorite stars. They drag their mom’s by the sleeves to make sure that they get a picture with the famous Wyoming Wolves varsity basketball boys’ and girls’ team.

Monday February 12, 2019 was a chaotic yet an astonishing night. A long night for Key Club helpers, and a great night for fans! Two games taking place at all times, starting at 4 PM and not ending until 9 PM, five hours of joy, and a fun time for all who came and all who helped. The Junior Varsity games kicked it off at 4 PM and both the girls and boys games ended in favor of the Wolves taking home two great wins! Freshmen games began at 5:30 in the small gym, with girls and boys both winning their games!

The girl’s varsity team then began their game at 6 PM against Wayland High School in the big gym. The girls played very hard with the starting line being Kayla Hinton, Tajea Cross, Mimi, Mikayla Petree, and Jayden Wayde who played strong. All throughout the game, the girls poured nothing but hard work, although there wasn’t a win, the girls played great with a close score.

Yet unlike a regular game at the end of the first quarter of the game, and boy’s varsity team came out to sign autographs for all their fans while hanging out glow sticks! They signed shirts, and flyers, personal items, and even sunglasses! The little kids came up to get a picture with their favorite players! Parents smiled with joy! A great time for kids, students, parents, and everyone got a free t-shirt and got it autographed by their favorite varsity player! Once halftime hit they went back out to the gym to throw some hoops before the second half of the girl’s game commenced.

Although it was a lose, the girl’s varsity team came right after their game to sign autographs right before the first quarter of the boy’s game. Kids coming with a huge smile, excited and even parents getting free shirts with the girls’ signatures. As they wrapped up, fans went into the game to watch Wyoming Wolves Varsity Boy’s playoff to a great game.

At half time the senior class of 2019 gave away baskets to those who bought five dollar raffle tickets throughout the night, the winner of the valentine’s basket being Andy Vo and the winner of the movie basket being Lisa Gullick. The MHSAA Scholarship Athlete Finalist from Wyoming Public Schools; Avery Robinson, Kelsey Gullick, Shannon Jaron, and Payton Stark. Then the American Cancer Society and Key Club helped, there was time for anyone kids, students, and adults to pay one dollar to throw a 3-pointer shot and if they got a prize!
“I got to see the players, take pictures, and get a free shirt!” said anonymous.

The second half of the boy’s game was intense and was a great win for the Wolves with a score of 80-54.