MVP MAHOMES!!!!!!

Carson Jennings, Contributing Writers

What a year for Patrick Mahomes! He’s first year as a full time starter, he won the NFL MVP award. Patrick passed for 50 touchdown passes, with well over 5,000 passing yards. He also completed 66.0 percent of his passes, which is an outstanding complete percentage.

Patrick grew up in Tyler, Texas. He attended Texas Tech for college. In his Freshman season, he passed for 598 yards against Baylor, which is a Freshman Big 12 Conference record. He passed for 734 yards against Oklahoma in his senior year. He was drafted 10th overall in the 2017 NFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Patrick’s rookie year, he was the second string quarterback behind Alex Smith, who is now with the Washington Redskins. Patrick came into the 2018 season throwing for 10 TD’s in the first 2 games, which is an NFL record. His team started off 5-0, and ended 12-4. They lost in the AFC Championship game to, who else, but Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

During his MVP speech, he thanked his family and his wife. He also thanked the Chiefs organization and his teammates.

Mr. Vangorp had awesome things to say about Patrick. He started off by saying, “I thought he was a real leader for that team, and he has ways of keeping plays alive. He has a great future.”