How I feel about Tuesdays with Morrie

Ashley Elliot, Contributing Writer

I hate reading. It will be very rare to see me with a book in my hand. Tuesdays with Morrie is the only book I have truly read besides To Kill a Mockingbird. That is the only other book I have actually read.

Tuesdays with Morrie gave me a whole new perspective on life. You would think it looks like just a book and don’t get me wrong, the first couple chapters felt like it. When I really got into this book, I did not want to put it down. At one point, Morrie says, “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” I really understood this because if you never grasp of the fact that you’re going to die eventually, you never really live life to the fullest. We all deserve to live everyday as that day and not live for tomorrow. The title of this book is Tuesdays with Morrie because Mitch spend most of his Tuesdays with Morrie always talking about something new!

Mitch and Morrie had a very strong friendship that went out of teacher and student friendship. Every Tuesday they would get together and just talk. Talk about family and friendship. They have proven that a professor and a student can be more than just reacher and student, but friends; Best friends! The fact that Morrie had ALS made the book sad, but he never wanted you to be sad. He always told Mitch to not be sad all the time, because you have so much to live for. Morrie never lived everyday as he was going to die at anytime. He has put in so much effort to be the best him he could possibly be. This book really spoke to me in a way no other book could ever. This is one of those books where after a couple months you would want to pick up and read it again. I strongly recommend reading this amazing book! It teaches you such an amazing perspective on how you should live your life.

The way I see it is that if you are so insistent on living for tomorrow and for every other day the boring your life will be. We need to stop living for what’s next and live on what is right in front of us! Live everyday like you’re going to die tomorrow!