A Heart-Wrenching Defeat

Seth Martin, Contributing Writer

A heart wrenching defeat for the Pack. In a close game between Grand Rapids Christian and the Wolves, the wolves lost 58-63. The Wolves have taken place in tons of close games this season, and last week Friday was no exception.

The game started off slow as the Eagles quickly lead 23-12, making key plays that Wyoming seemed to miss out on.

It wasn’t until the second period that Wyoming really picked up the pace. What was a trailing effort became a soaring victory at the end of the half the wolves lead 35-31. Payton Harley helped lead the wolf pack. It seemed whatever coach Vanderklay told the boys at the end of the first period helped as they pushed forward. This wasn’t without struggle though. Lot’s of tension was on the court for this first place spot in the conference.

Heated words were exchanged on the court by Payton Harley and another member of GRCHS, which was split apart by the refs before anything serious happened. The 3rd period was close as well with Wyoming maintaining there lead after halftime keeping their previous momentum. The score was tied 47-47.

The last period it seemed that our boys slowed down a little bit. It can be hard to maintain the same momentum for even more than one period, so nonetheless we all should be proud of how they performed and how much heart and effort they put into the game Friday. They pushed through all the way until the end when GRCHS scored a 3 followed quickly by a turnover and a layup. The last minute wasn’t short though. Wyoming made sure that they impressed their fans.

With a conclusion of 58-63 who can be mad at Wyoming. Especially against a team like GRCHS, who has proven to be a dominate team when they get rolling. Wyomingś defense was impeccable and the 3 point shooting was quite literally on point.