Forever My Girl: Movie Review

Audra Schildhouse, Contributing Writer/Editor

I absolutely loved the movie Forever My Girl. This movie is a light-hearted, dramatic romance screen written by Nicholas Sparks; who is my favorite screenwriter. His stories are always so pleasing and bring lots of emotions. While watching this movie, I shed a tear. I thought the storyline was overall very emotional and had me thinking quite a bit. As for the actors, Liam Page played by Alex Roe, did a great job as playing as the distressed fatherly figure he never thought he’d be, and Josie who was stood up at their wedding ceremony many years earlier played by Jessica Rothe acted out the situation completely on point. When watching, I felt like I could feel her pain, as she was betrayed and left with their daughter that he never knew they had together.

When looking at the description of the story, this is what I found, “Forever My Girl tells the story of country music superstar Liam Page (Alex Roe) who left his bride, Josie (Jessica Rothe), at the altar choosing fame and fortune instead. However, Liam never got over Josie, his one true love, nor did he ever forget his Southern roots in the small community where he was born and raised. When he unexpectedly returns to his hometown for the funeral of his high school best friend, Liam is suddenly faced with the consequences of all that he left behind.”

I love Nicholas Sparks movies and how he always conveys a message throughout his stories and also adds romance to the plot as well as heartbreak. His movies always seem to have a happy closure to them which is why they are usually the ‘feel good’ type movies that so many people seem to love. As the story unravels, there are many lessons that begin to pour out onto the scenes along with many thoughts of regrets the characters feel towards the past. I felt as if there are many people who could somewhat relate to the situations the characters went thru. Heartbreak, love, regret, and forgiving are surrounded throughout this movie, and it shows the true lesson of being forgiving and learning to love again.

While reading reviews for this movie, I came across one that I thought fit the movie perfectly, this user states- “Great heartfelt lead performances, well-written and compelling storyline, beautiful setting, and I need to get the soundtrack. The country music written specifically for this movie is PERFECT! I absolutely LOVED this movie and am telling all my friends and acquaintances that they should go see it!”.

I would definitely recommend this heartwarming movie to anyone who loves Nicholas Sparks movies as much as I do. Forever My Girl is worth the watch, and can even be an inspiration for some.